Monday, March 13, 2006

Gamblor

So after much ado I am back on the blogging wagon. This past weekend I went to Foxwoods Casino...the largest casino in the US. We started by taking a walk around and got some food. After that I started by playing quarter slots with the two quarters I had in my pocket. I was up to 10 dollars but soon I lost it all. I thought it was another one of my lucky days. (I am trying to stay away from ellipses but I had to use them today.)

One of the first real games I played was Caribean Stud poker where i quickly lost 75 dollars in probably 15 minutes. After that I decided to go to on to my forte and play some Texas Hold'em. I had to wait an hour or so before my name was called and i was able to get a spot at a table. I lost the blinds on my first few hands but soon I had two spades and on the flop two spades were dropped. Someone bet 25 dollars and i checked. Then a diamond was dropped. They raised 25. I called...then a heart is dropped he checks I check....we flip we both have two spades and obviosly neither made the flush but I had a pair of sixes so I took the pot. It was awesome taking in a crap load of chips...I think it was around 80-100 dollars worth of chips with the blinds and another person was in before the river. Then after a few hands I got two pair on the flop. Another player raised 30...I called.... in my hand I have a 4 and 2 on the flop is 4,2,J after that is a 5 the guy raises again i call...the next card is a jack....not really what i want because that gives a pair on the board so i have to have a jack and 4's the guy gets jacks and 5's and wins about half my money. then the next hand I go in on is another two pair with Q and 2 on the flop...i go in and bet 30 i get called...then a i keep calling...the cards on on the table are q,2,J,8,4. he flips his cards and has a 10,9 so he gets the straight which i shouldve recognized but didnt so lost most of my money soon i lost it all. I had a real good time and learned not to bet hard on two pair.

Comments: Post a Comment





posted by <$BlogItemAuthorNickname$> @ <$BlogItemDateTime$> <$BlogItemControl$>

NAME : Dan
CITY Portland
This is my attempt at using some html. In the process of experimenting a bit I lost my archive. I am smart so I will figure out where it went.